The YouTube video above is base on the following set of instructions below about how to publish an InfoPath 2010 form template with admin approval in Central Administration.
- Update the existing InfoPath form in InfoPath 2010 Designer and make the request changes
- Once update changes is completed, save the file.
Before publish any forms, always perform a BACK UP of the current existing InfoPath form template(s) that will later be overwritten with the new changes. See Appendix A for more details.
3. Go to File tab->Info and click “Forms Options”
4. Go to Versioning section and ensure the “Automatically upgrade existing forms” has been selected. Take a note of the next version number
5. To publish, go to File tab->Publish and click “Quick Publish” button (Accept the default path location)
Upload and activate
To upload a new/existing InfoPath template form, do the following:
6. Go to SharePoint Central Administration site
7. Under “General Application Settings”, click “Manage form templates”
8. Click “Upload form template” link
9. Browse and select the InfoPath template form that is located in the path you had publish in step 5, for upload. Accept the default settings and click Upload button
10. A successful upload will display the message below. Click OK
11. Check that the form has successfully been uploaded. Note that the version number of the form must be the last version number (e.g. 10.0.2) observed in step 4. The status field should display “Ready”NOTE: Skip step 12 & 13 if the uploaded form was an existing form.
12. If this is a NEW form, then select the uploaded form and select “Activate to a site collection”.
13. Select the destination site collection to activate the form.
- Go the destination site collection where the form was activated and check the “Form Template” library to check that the form has been successfully published, by viewing the last modified date.
- Notify the user that UAT is in progress, and ignore any test emails (if any).
- Test the form by submitting with test data to verify that the changes worked.
- How to: Deploy Form Templates That Contain Form Code That Requires Full Trust
- Managing administrator-approved form templates (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Edit list forms using InfoPath 2010 in SharePoint Designer